Cal's Cobbs fractures foot, out 6-8 weeks
California senior guard Justin Cobbs will be out six to eight weeks after he fractured a bone in his right foot.
BERKELEY, Calif. -- California senior guard Justin Cobbs will be out six to eight weeks after he fractured a bone in his right foot.
The school said in a statement Wednesday that Cobbs fractured his fifth metatarsal but didn't disclose how the injury occurred. Cobbs wrote on Twitter that it's a "minor setback for a major comeback."
Cobbs averaged 15.1 points and 4.8 assists last season, which is more than any returning player on the team. He also is the Pac-12 Conference's active career leader in assists with 324 and earned second-team conference honors last season.
Cal opens the regular season against Humboldt State on Oct 31.
- 2 dead after driver hits them at Texas festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods 53 min ago
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptions 2 min ago
- Zimmerman's parents sue Barr over Twitter post
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos