St. John's likely sans Jordan, Greene in Europe
Highly regarded freshman recruit Rysheed Jordan and returning starter Phil Greene will likely not play for St. John's in its five-game trip to Europe.
NEW YORK -- Highly regarded freshman recruit Rysheed Jordan and returning starter Phil Greene are unlikely to play for St. John's in its five-game trip to Europe.
Red Storm coach Steve Lavin said Thursday that Jordan, a 6-foot-4 guard who averaged 24.8 points and 6.1 rebounds as a senior for Philadelphia's Roberts Vaux H.S., is unlikely to play because of back spasms. Greene, who started all but one game last season and was third on the team in scoring at 10.1 points per game, is continuing his rehabilitation from hip surgery in May.
St. John's leaves Monday for the trip that will have the Red Storm visit France, Italy and Spain, playing games against professional teams in each country before returning Sept. 1.
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm norovirus at Asheville school 57 min ago
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Video: Cumberland Schools want stop to tenure law
- Aunt of slain 4-year-old girl testifies
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
- Voting rights rally held in Raleigh
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Sanford teen shot in face
- 2 governors, lawmakers say goodbye to Sen. Nesbitt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos