Old Dominion's Hill has eligibility appeal denied
Old Dominion men's basketball coach Jeff Jones says the NCAA has denied Donte Hill's appeal for another year of eligibility, ending his college career.
NORFOLK, Va. -- Old Dominion men's basketball coach Jeff Jones says the NCAA has denied Donte Hill's appeal for another year of eligibility, ending his college career.
Hill played as a freshman at Clemson and transferred to Old Dominion the following year, but not before taking part in a preseason scrimmage. The 6-foot-4 swingman played the last two seasons for the Monarchs. Last year he averaged a team-high 30.8 minutes and 8.2 points per game.
The NCAA rules on eligibility state if a player suits up to represent his school in any season, that counts as a year of eligibility.
Jones said in an ODU release that he's disappointed, but gratified Hill has his sociology degree.
The coach says Hill is "a great representative of the ideals the NCAA encourages in its student-athletes."
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Four men charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos