Living in the past: Error embarrasses UNLV
According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, a billboard aimed at generating excitement in UNLV's athletic programs depicts football coach Bobby Hauck alongside basketball coach Lon Kruger -- now with Oklahoma -- with the slogan "Come To Our House."
UNLV has a proud basketball tradition, so pardon the Rebels for accidentally living in the past.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that a local billboard aimed at generating excitement in UNLV athletics and selling season tickets depicts football coach Bobby Hauck alongside basketball coach Lon Kruger with the slogan "Come To Our House."
One problem: Lon Kruger's "house" is a long way from campus. He's been the coach at Oklahoma for two years since leaving UNLV after the 2010-11 season.
Dave Rice, who replaced Kruger as the Rebels' coach, was amused by the mistake.
"I thought it was humorous," Rice told the Review-Journal. "It's one of those things that happens. But I'm the last person who would take himself too seriously. … Hey, if Coach Kruger can help us sell tickets, great."
Athletic department officials, however, were not as good-natured.
"To us, it's not a laughing matter," interim AD Tina Kunzer-Murphy told the Review-Journal. "... Our marketing people never saw it. But it's being taken down, and we hope to have a replacement with Dave and Bobby up."
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 3 min ago
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County 19 min ago
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall 12 min ago
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos