Painter: Hale to transfer from Boilermakers
Sophomore Donnie Hale has decided to transfer from Purdue to find more playing time.
WEST LAFAYETTTE, Ind. -- Sophomore Donnie Hale has decided to transfer from Purdue to find more playing time.
Coach Matt Painter made the announcement Friday, just as the Boilermakers were getting ready to open practice this weekend.
The 6-foot-8, 221-pound forward played in 32 games last season, started eight and averaged 3.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
Purdue did not say where Hale will wind up, but he will have two years of eligibility left after already using his redshirt season. In a statement, Painter wished Hale well and said he wanted to be closer to his home in New Albany, Ind., near Louisville, Ky.
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Police: 1 man, 1 woman died at South by Southwest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos