Clemson guard Rooks hurts hip, out for season
Clemson freshman guard Patrick Rooks will miss the upcoming basketball season after injuring his hip during preseason workouts.
Tigers coach Brad Brownell announced Rooks' status Friday. Clemson is opening basketball practice on Sunday.
Rooks, a 6-foot-3, 175-pound guard from Charlotte, N.C., played for the Tigers on their trip to Italy last month. Brownell says Rooks will need surgery and the recovery time will keep him from playing this season.
Brownell says Rooks shot the ball well on the team's European trip and would've helped Clemson's 3-point shooting. The Tigers, though, have depth in the backcourt with four guards who played last year. They will get Devin Coleman back in the lineup after his season-long injury.
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Family of Fayetteville Navy Yard shooting victim files suit
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Freeze warning issued for early Thursday
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- Amanda Hayes faces new charges in Texas
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Cumberland Co. damage caused by straight line winds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos