Clemson guard Rooks hurts hip, out for season
Clemson freshman guard Patrick Rooks will miss the upcoming basketball season after injuring his hip during preseason workouts.
Tigers coach Brad Brownell announced Rooks' status Friday. Clemson is opening basketball practice on Sunday.
Rooks, a 6-foot-3, 175-pound guard from Charlotte, N.C., played for the Tigers on their trip to Italy last month. Brownell says Rooks will need surgery and the recovery time will keep him from playing this season.
Brownell says Rooks shot the ball well on the team's European trip and would've helped Clemson's 3-point shooting. The Tigers, though, have depth in the backcourt with four guards who played last year. They will get Devin Coleman back in the lineup after his season-long injury.
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos