Kentucky's Cauley-Stein to miss up to 2 weeks
Kentucky says that sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein will miss 10-14 days with a minor right hand injury sustained during "basketball activity" on Friday.
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky says that sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein will miss 10-14 days with a minor right hand injury suffered during "basketball activity" on Friday.
Cauley-Stein played in 29 games last season with 14 starts, most coming after Nerlens Noel's season-ending left knee injury on Feb. 12. He finished the season averaging 8.3 points and 6.2 rebounds per game and made the Southeastern Conference's all-rookie team.
The Olathe, Kan., native and forward Alex Poythress passed on the NBA draft to return for their sophomore seasons. They are expected to provide an inside presence and leadership on another talented Wildcats squad featuring eight freshmen including six McDonald's All-Americas.
Kentucky will hold its Big Blue Madness public practice on Oct. 18, with the Blue-White scrimmage scheduled for Oct. 29.
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Four men charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos