Kentucky's Cauley-Stein to miss up to 2 weeks
Kentucky says that sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein will miss 10-14 days with a minor right hand injury sustained during "basketball activity" on Friday.
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky says that sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein will miss 10-14 days with a minor right hand injury suffered during "basketball activity" on Friday.
Cauley-Stein played in 29 games last season with 14 starts, most coming after Nerlens Noel's season-ending left knee injury on Feb. 12. He finished the season averaging 8.3 points and 6.2 rebounds per game and made the Southeastern Conference's all-rookie team.
The Olathe, Kan., native and forward Alex Poythress passed on the NBA draft to return for their sophomore seasons. They are expected to provide an inside presence and leadership on another talented Wildcats squad featuring eight freshmen including six McDonald's All-Americas.
Kentucky will hold its Big Blue Madness public practice on Oct. 18, with the Blue-White scrimmage scheduled for Oct. 29.
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- I-Team: Are crime alerts needed following rape?
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Couple charged after meth lab found in home
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos