Top juco player Allen commits to Arizona
Kadeem Allen, one of the top junior college players in the nation, has committed to Sean Miller and the Arizona Wildcats, he told ESPN.com on Monday.
Allen, a combo guard at Hutchinson Junior College, took an official visit to Tucson this past weekend.
"I chose Arizona because of the coaching staff, and also Arizona's offense is the right style of play for me," Allen said. "I love the campus in Tucson and the fans are incredible. I'm really excited to be an Arizona Wildcat."
The 6-foot-3, 185-pounder was a first-team junior college All-American as a freshman while spending the majority of his time playing shooting guard. He will likely see the brunt of his time at the point this season at Hutchinson and will be able to play both spots at Arizona.
Allen, a native of Wilmington, N.C., is an athletic scoring guard who also received significant interest from Kansas and Cincinnati. Allen averaged 17 points and six rebounds and helped lead Hutchinson to a league title last season.
Allen will join an Arizona team for the 2014-15 season that will likely have an all-senior backcourt of T.J. McConnell and Nick Johnson. He will have an opportunity to start the following season as a senior.
- Local runners mark marathon bombing anniversary
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Solemn tributes mark Boston Marathon bombing
- McCrory touts tax overhaul on tax day
- USDA says NC health agency met food stamp deadline
- Police officer killed in crash with excavator
- Leaders discuss Rock 'n' Roll Marathon pros and cons
- Cary police investigate sexual assault
- Delta flight diverted to RDU
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos