Big East adds Jernstedt as senior adviser
Longtime NCAA executive Tom Jernstedt has been appointed senior adviser to the Big East Conference.
NEW YORK -- Longtime NCAA executive Tom Jernstedt has been appointed senior adviser to the Big East Conference.
The hiring was announced Monday by Big East commissioner Val Ackerman. Jernstedt will work with Ackerman, conference personnel and the league's 10 schools on men's and women's basketball matters. His job starts Nov. 4.
Jernstedt was at the NCAA office for almost 40 years and was instrumental in the growth of the March tournament. He was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.
Ackerman said "few have as keen a grasp as he does of the intricacies of the NCAA and the college basketball world."
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage 49 min ago
- Powerful quake shakes Northern California
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Conn. shooter's dad wishes he'd never been born
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Judge weighs new evidence in Army sex...
53 min ago
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by...
47 min ago
- Suspicious package found at Goodyear plant
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos