Big East adds Jernstedt as senior adviser
Longtime NCAA executive Tom Jernstedt has been appointed senior adviser to the Big East Conference.
NEW YORK -- Longtime NCAA executive Tom Jernstedt has been appointed senior adviser to the Big East Conference.
The hiring was announced Monday by Big East commissioner Val Ackerman. Jernstedt will work with Ackerman, conference personnel and the league's 10 schools on men's and women's basketball matters. His job starts Nov. 4.
Jernstedt was at the NCAA office for almost 40 years and was instrumental in the growth of the March tournament. He was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.
Ackerman said "few have as keen a grasp as he does of the intricacies of the NCAA and the college basketball world."
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- Another Tobacco Road showdown
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Four men charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos