Big East adds Jernstedt as senior adviser
Longtime NCAA executive Tom Jernstedt has been appointed senior adviser to the Big East Conference.
NEW YORK -- Longtime NCAA executive Tom Jernstedt has been appointed senior adviser to the Big East Conference.
The hiring was announced Monday by Big East commissioner Val Ackerman. Jernstedt will work with Ackerman, conference personnel and the league's 10 schools on men's and women's basketball matters. His job starts Nov. 4.
Jernstedt was at the NCAA office for almost 40 years and was instrumental in the growth of the March tournament. He was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.
Ackerman said "few have as keen a grasp as he does of the intricacies of the NCAA and the college basketball world."
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos