Terps' Allen breaks foot, will miss 8-10 weeks
Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen sustained a fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his left foot and will miss eight to 10 weeks, coach Mark Turgeon said Wednesday.
"We are devastated for Seth," Turgeon said in a statement Wednesday. "He was playing at a very high level throughout the summer and fall and was poised to have an excellent start to the season."
The 6-foot-1 Allen, who suffered the injury at the end of Tuesday's practice when he landed awkwardly on the foot, had begun to make the transition last season from shooting guard to the point guard position. He averaged 7.8 points and 2.3 assists a year ago as a freshman.
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 2 min ago
- Durham shooting sends one man to hospital
- Four teens charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos