Terps' Allen breaks foot, will miss 8-10 weeks
Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen sustained a fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his left foot and will miss eight to 10 weeks, coach Mark Turgeon said Wednesday.
"We are devastated for Seth," Turgeon said in a statement Wednesday. "He was playing at a very high level throughout the summer and fall and was poised to have an excellent start to the season."
The 6-foot-1 Allen, who suffered the injury at the end of Tuesday's practice when he landed awkwardly on the foot, had begun to make the transition last season from shooting guard to the point guard position. He averaged 7.8 points and 2.3 assists a year ago as a freshman.
- Local runners mark marathon bombing anniversary
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Solemn tributes mark Boston Marathon bombing
- McCrory touts tax overhaul on tax day
- Police officer killed in crash with excavator
- Leaders discuss Rock 'n' Roll Marathon pros and cons
- Cary police investigate sexual assault
- Delta flight diverted to RDU
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos