Memphis frosh Iverson banned for opener
The NCAA has suspended freshman Kuran Iverson for Memphis' season opener on Nov. 14 for playing in an unauthorized summer league game in Connecticut.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The NCAA has suspended freshman Kuran Iverson for Memphis' season opener on Nov. 14 for playing in an unauthorized summer league game in Connecticut.
Memphis announced the suspension Wednesday.
Iverson did not ask Memphis for permission to play in the game in his hometown of Hartford, Conn. NCAA rules allow players only to play in summer league games either near their home or where they attend school but not both. The forward already played in the Bluff City Classic in Memphis before playing a game in Hartford.
Memphis self-reported the violation.
Iverson, part of the nation's No. 2 recruiting class, will be suspended against Austin Peay in the opener Nov. 14. That means Iverson's first regular-season game will be Nov. 18 when the Tigers visit Oklahoma State.
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage 56 min ago
- Powerful quake shakes Northern California
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Conn. shooter's dad wishes he'd never been born
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by...
54 min ago
- Suspicious package found at Goodyear plant
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos