A-10 moves women's title game to Brooklyn
The Atlantic 10 will play its 2013 women's conference tournament championship game in the new Barclays Center.NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- The Atlantic 10 will play its 2013 women's conference tournament championship game in the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
The league announced Thursday that the women's final will be played Saturday, March 16, along with the men's semifinals in the building, which is set to open in September.
The first three rounds of the women's tournament will again be held on the campus of Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia from March 8-11.
In September, the conference formed a five-year partnership with Barclays Center to bring the A-10 men's tournament to Brooklyn and the new 18,200-seat venue. The tournament is scheduled for March 14-17.
The Atlantic 10 expanded to 16 teams this season, adding Butler and Virginia Commonwealth, schools which have both been in the men's Final Four over the past three years.
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos