Fever add Ely, Breland to training camp roster
The Indiana Fever have signed Shyra Ely and Jessica Breland to their training camp roster.INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Fever have signed Shyra Ely and Jessica Breland to their training camp roster.
Ely is a 6-foot-2 forward who was a backup for the Fever during their run to the WNBA title. She played at Tennessee, but grew up in Indianapolis, attended Ben Davis High School and was Indiana's Miss Basketball in 2001.
Breland is a 6-3 forward from North Carolina. She was Minnesota's first-round draft pick in 2011, No. 13 overall. She spent the 2011 season with New York and Connecticut and was cut by Washington in training camp last year. Breland has been playing in Turkey this winter and is a teammate of Fever point guard Briann January.
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos