Ole Miss tabs Kentucky assistant Insell as coach
Mississippi has hired Kentucky assistant Matt Insell to be its next women's basketball coach.OXFORD, Miss. -- Mississippi has hired Kentucky assistant Matt Insell to be its next women's basketball coach.
The 30-year-old Insell has been an assistant on Wildcats coach Matthew Mitchell's staff the past five seasons, helping Kentucky advance to the NCAA tournament four times.
Insell takes over a program that finished with a 9-20 record this season. The Rebels had a year of disarray after first-year coach Adrian Wiggins and two assistants were fired just before the season started after an internal investigation found "impermissible recruiting contacts and academic misconduct."
The program could still face NCAA sanctions.
Insell works with the guards at Kentucky and also has recruiting and player development duties. He will remain with the Wildcats through their run in the NCAA tournament. The Wildcats play Delaware in the round of 16.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 56 min ago
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Couple charged after meth lab found in home 1 min ago
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos