Pepperdine women's coach Rousseau resigns
Julie Rousseau has resigned as Pepperdine women's basketball coach after compiling a 123-144 record in nine seasons.MALIBU, Calif. -- Julie Rousseau has resigned as Pepperdine women's basketball coach after compiling a 123-144 record in nine seasons.
She didn't indicate her future plans in a statement released Wednesday by the school.
The Waves were 5-23 this season.
Rousseau took Pepperdine to the NCAA tournament in her second season, with the Waves winning the 2006 West Coast Conference tournament title to earn the automatic berth. The team also made two straight Women's NIT appearances in 2010 and 2011.
Athletic director Steve Potts says a search for a new coach will begin immediately.
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos