Alabama reassigns Hudson to admin role
Alabama has reassigned women's basketball coach Wendell Hudson to an administrative role.TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama has reassigned women's basketball coach Wendell Hudson to an administrative role.
Athletic director Bill Battle said Monday that it was a mutual decision after several weeks of discussions with Hudson. The Crimson Tide went 68-87 and 14-64 in Southeastern Conference games during Hudson's five seasons.
He had been spent the previous five years as Alabama's associate athletic director for alumni relations.
Hudson was Alabama's first black scholarship athlete. He played forward under coach C.M. Newton from 1970-73 and was SEC player of the year as a senior.
Alabama says a national search for his replacement will begin immediately.
Battle did not elaborate on Hudson's new position.
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
- Sanford teen shot in face 14 min ago
- Police search for man who solicited sex act from boy
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 26 min ago
- Woman sexually assaulted in Fayetteville
- Sources: Plea deal 'on table' in Abaroa case
- Gov. McCrory: Panel should decide who foots coal ash bill
- Deputies: Delivery guy pulled gun on resident
- Voting rights rally planned in Raleigh 43 min ago
- Troopers, McCrory announce "Litter Free NC"
- Sanford teen shot in face
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos