Mercury's Dupree suspended for ref contact
Phoenix forward Candice Dupree was suspended one game by the WNBA for making contact with an official during the Mercury's game against Indiana on Saturday.
NEW YORK -- Phoenix forward Candice Dupree was suspended one game by the WNBA for making contact with an official during the Mercury's game against Indiana on Saturday.
Dupree will serve her suspension Friday night when Phoenix hosts the Los Angeles Sparks.
The contact with official Lamont Simpson occurred with 1:48 left in the second quarter, and Dupree was given a technical foul on the play. Simpson was wearing the new referee camera attached to eye glasses, which showed the bump up close in the nationally televised game.
The Mercury went on to win 82-67 for their first victory of the season.
Dupree is averaging 11.8 points and 4.5 rebounds this season.
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos