Sun acquire Pedersen from Shock for pick
The Connecticut Sun acquired forward Kayla Pedersen from the Tulsa Shock for a second round pick in next season's WNBA draft.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- The Connecticut Sun acquired forward Kayla Pedersen from the Tulsa Shock for a second-round pick in next season's WNBA draft.
She played 10 minutes in Tulsa's win over Chicago on Thursday, scoring two points and grabbing three rebounds.
The Stanford graduate was averaging 4.1 points and 4.0 rebounds this season.
Pedersen was the seventh pick in the 2011 WNBA draft and left the Cardinal as the all-time leading rebounder. She also scored 1,941 points in her college career -- the seventh highest total at the school.
The Sun waived Ashley Walker to make room for Pedersen.
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder 25 min ago
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Police investigate stabbing in Raleigh
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos