Silver Stars' Hammon out with ACL injury
Silver Stars guard Becky Hammon has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee and is likely out for the season after playing just one game.
SAN ANTONIO -- Silver Stars guard Becky Hammon has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee and is likely out for the season after playing just one game.
The seven-time All-Star missed San Antonio's first 10 games with a broken finger and played 12 minutes against Los Angeles on Saturday before getting hurt.
Hammon went down near the baseline midway through the second quarter and was carried off the court.
The team said in a news release Monday that Hammon will have surgery this week and a timetable for the 36-year-old's return will be determined after she starts rehab.
Hammon was second in the WNBA in assists last season with 176 and 3-pointers with 80.
She is a two-time Olympian with Russia.
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos