Sky's Delle Donne suffers concussion in loss
Top All-Star vote-getter Elena Delle Donne has suffered a concussion and is questionable for the game on Saturday.
WASHINGTON -- Top All-Star vote-getter Elena Delle Donne has suffered a concussion and is questionable for the game on Saturday.
The Chicago Sky star sustained the concussion in the third quarter of the 82-78 loss Wednesday to the Washington Mystics.
Delle Donne fell to the court during a tussle for the ball. She left the game with 1:01 remaining in the third quarter and did not return.
Chicago coach Pokey Chatman confirmed the concussion after the Mystics team doctor examined Delle Donne. Chatman says the rookie is groggy, with a headache and "moving gingerly. Hopefully, she'll be OK."
But Chatman says WNBA rules mean she'll probably miss 4 to 5 days. "It's unfortunate, obviously for her, for us and also for Saturday. We have to make sure she gets back to healthy."
Mystics coach Mike Thibault thought Delle Donne's head hit the knee of a Mystics player while going for a loose ball.
Delle Donne, the WNBA's third-leading scorer at 18.6 points per game, is the first rookie to lead the All-Star voting.
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos