Jackson set to return with Australia's WNBL
Three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson is set to return to the court this year with the Canberra Capitals in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.CANBERRA, Australia -- Three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson is set to return to the court this year with the Canberra Capitals in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.
The WNBL said Friday that Jackson, 32, will play her first game for the Capitals on Oct. 5, although the club said a two-year deal was not yet finalized but close to completion.
Jackson is missing the 2013 WNBA season with the Seattle Storm after undergoing surgery on her right hamstring in January for a chronic injury she says nearly forced her to retire. Jackson said in March that she had no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season.
The four-time Olympic medalist has not played a full WNBA season since 2010, when Seattle won its second league title.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Powerful quake shakes Northern California
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Conn. shooter's dad wishes he'd never been born
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos