Fever clear room for Pohlen season debut
Indiana has released rookie forward Jasmine Hassell to clear up a roster spot so guard Jeanette Pohlen can make her season debut Saturday night against Chicago.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana has released rookie forward Jasmine Hassell to clear up a roster spot so guard Jeanette Pohlen can make her season debut Saturday night against Chicago.
Hassell appeared in 12 games and averaged 1.8 points and 1.3 rebounds for a team that has been hit hard by injuries.
Pohlen has not played since tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee during Game 2 of the 2012 WNBA Finals. She was Indiana's top draft pick in 2011 and was the first rookie to lead the league in 3-point percentage (46.8). Last season, Pohlen shot 42.1 percent from beyond the arc and was No. 11 in the league.
Eight different Fever players have missed time because of injuries, including six of top seven scorers from the championship team.
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 25 min ago
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Video: Cumberland Schools want stop to tenure law
- Aunt of slain 4-year-old girl testifies
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
- Voting rights rally held in Raleigh
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit 33 min ago
- Sanford teen shot in face
- 2 governors, lawmakers say goodbye to Sen. Nesbitt
- J. Staal, Tlusty lead Hurricanes over Rangers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos