Fever clear room for Pohlen season debut
Indiana has released rookie forward Jasmine Hassell to clear up a roster spot so guard Jeanette Pohlen can make her season debut Saturday night against Chicago.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana has released rookie forward Jasmine Hassell to clear up a roster spot so guard Jeanette Pohlen can make her season debut Saturday night against Chicago.
Hassell appeared in 12 games and averaged 1.8 points and 1.3 rebounds for a team that has been hit hard by injuries.
Pohlen has not played since tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee during Game 2 of the 2012 WNBA Finals. She was Indiana's top draft pick in 2011 and was the first rookie to lead the league in 3-point percentage (46.8). Last season, Pohlen shot 42.1 percent from beyond the arc and was No. 11 in the league.
Eight different Fever players have missed time because of injuries, including six of top seven scorers from the championship team.
- Durham Police investigate Amber Alert
- Garcia Marquez book sales soar after his death 55 min ago
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos