ODU coach Barefoot signs new 5-year contract
Old Dominion women's basketball coach Karen Barefoot has signed a new five-year contract that runs through the 2017-18 season.
NORFOLK, Va. -- Old Dominion women's basketball coach Karen Barefoot has signed a new five-year contract that runs through the 2017-18 season.
Athletic director Wood Selig made the announcement Wednesday.
Barefoot just completed her second season with the Lady Monarchs, guiding them to a 19-12 record and a berth in the Women's NIT.
Selig says the deal contains enhanced performance incentives and demonstrates the university's commitment to women's basketball.
Barefoot's new deal is for a base salary of $175,000, $15,000 for radio obligations and bonuses that include a month's salary for making the NCAA tournament, reaching the third round and reaching the Final Four, two month's salary for reaching the national title game and three month's salary for winning the championship.
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her 43 min ago
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 40 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Community comes together to fight for...
40 min ago
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos