ODU coach Barefoot signs new 5-year contract
Old Dominion women's basketball coach Karen Barefoot has signed a new five-year contract that runs through the 2017-18 season.
NORFOLK, Va. -- Old Dominion women's basketball coach Karen Barefoot has signed a new five-year contract that runs through the 2017-18 season.
Athletic director Wood Selig made the announcement Wednesday.
Barefoot just completed her second season with the Lady Monarchs, guiding them to a 19-12 record and a berth in the Women's NIT.
Selig says the deal contains enhanced performance incentives and demonstrates the university's commitment to women's basketball.
Barefoot's new deal is for a base salary of $175,000, $15,000 for radio obligations and bonuses that include a month's salary for making the NCAA tournament, reaching the third round and reaching the Final Four, two month's salary for reaching the national title game and three month's salary for winning the championship.
- Durham Police investigate Amber Alert
- Pope baptizes 10 in Easter Vigil 29 min ago
- Tennessee ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental. 54 min ago
- Garcia Marquez book sales soar after his death
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos