Jackson helps Australia secure worlds berth
Lauren Jackson scored a team-high 21 points to lead Australia to an 84-66 win over New Zealand on Sunday and into a place at next year's world basketball championships in Turkey.
CANBERRA, Australia -- Lauren Jackson scored a team-high 21 points to lead Australia to an 84-66 win over New Zealand on Sunday and into a place at next year's world basketball championships in Turkey.
The Seattle Storm star is sitting out the WNBA season this year after undergoing surgery on her right hamstring in January for a chronic injury.
The game Sunday was her second since returning from the injury layoff, appearing in the two-game, total-point Oceania series against New Zealand.
The four-time Olympic medalist with Australia -- including a bronze at last year's London Games -- and three-time WNBA MVP has not played a full season in the league since 2010 when Seattle won its second championship.
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death 37 min ago
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Durham shooting sends one man to hospital
- Parker leads No. 4 Duke past No. 14 UNC
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos