Officials admit botched call at NCSU game
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- ACC officials admit to botching a big call during last weekend's NC State game in Raleigh.
The ACC apologized to Wolfpack Coach Tom O'Brien for missing the call of a play in the last quarter. Clemson running back C.J. Spiller clearly fumbled the ball, but officials ruled he was down.
O'Brien challenged the ruling and the play was upheld. Now, the ACC says the call should have been ruled a fumble.
Coach O'Brien said the play could have changed the game's momentum. Clemson won 43-23.
- Search under way for missing swimmer in Hope Mills 4 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill 38 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Search under way for missing swimmer in...
4 min ago
- Controversy after Wake Schools announces...
36 min ago
- Police: Hit and run driver suspected of DWI
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos