Agent involved in UNC investigation dies
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA. (WTVD) -- NFL agent Gary Wichard, who was the centerpiece of the UNC football investigation, has died.
Multiple media outlets are reporting his death.
A preliminary cause of death appears to be complications from diabetes and pancreatic cancer. He was 60 years old.
Wichard started Pro Tect Management in California. He died Thursday at his home in Westlake Village, CA.
Wichard was suspended by the NFL Players Association last year after it found he had improper contact with UNC player Marvin Austin.
The North Carolina secretary of state also was looking into whether he broke the law. Many questions related to that investigation remain unanswered.
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2