Utes demote Erickson, hire Christensen as OC
Utah has hired former Wyoming coach Dave Christensen as offensive coordinator and demoted Dennis Erickson to running backs coach.
SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah has demoted Dennis Erickson to running backs coach and hired former Wyoming coach Dave Christensen to be its new offensive coordinator.
Erickson and Brian Johnson were co-offensive coordinators last season, but the Utes had another disappointing season on that side of the ball. Utah ranked 76th in the country in total offense (397 yards per game), though injuries that limited quarterback Travis Wilson were a factor.
Christensen was fired by Wyoming on Dec. 1. He went 27-35 in Laramie, Wyo., though the Cowboys often had productive offenses. This season they ranked 22nd in the nation in total offense (472.7 yards per game).
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death 20 min ago
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Durham shooting sends one man to hospital
- Parker leads No. 4 Duke past No. 14 UNC
- Four teens charged in Raleigh stabbing
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos