Boise St. sends Southwick home from bowl
Boise State sent home quarterback Joe Southwick on Friday and reinstated backup Nick Patti.
After the two quarterbacks were suspended from practice Friday for violating team rules, Broncos interim head coach Bob Gregory said that Southwick was sent home for his violation and that Patti was reinstated for practice and the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl on Tuesday against Oregon State. Boise State declined to comment further.
Southwick returned to action Nov. 30 against New Mexico in the regular-season finale after breaking his right ankle Oct. 19. Patti has appeared in six games, completing 8 of 11 passes for 63 yards.
Grant Hedrick is expected to start against Oregon State. In 12 games this season, he completed 135 of 198 passes for 1,443 yards and 15 touchdowns.
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home 8 min ago
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain 51 min ago
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Deal on Dix property could be revived
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- DWI suspect appears in Raleigh courtroom
- Holder: Heroin an urgent 'public health crisis'
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Suspicious package found at Goodyear plant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos