Ex-Buffs QB Hirschman to transfer to Akron
Former Colorado quarterback Nick Hirschman said Thursday he will transfer to Akron, where he will be eligible to play this fall after receiving his degree.Former Colorado quarterback Nick Hirschman said Thursday he will transfer to Akron, where he will be eligible to play this fall after receiving his degree.
Hirshman, 6-foot-4, 230 pounds, completed 59.1 percent of his passes with two touchdowns and seven interceptions last season. He has two years of eligibility remaining.
Hirschman, who earned a degree in sports communications in three years and was set to have his a graduation ceremony Thursday night, said he believes Terry Bowden is an excellent coach and he was impressed by Akron's facilities.
He surprised some by transferring despite finishing the spring as Colorado's co-starter alongside Connor Wood.
In four Colorado spring scrimmages, Hirschman was 32-of-52 passing for 433 yards, seven touchdowns and one interception with a passer rating of 178.9.
Hirschman's departure came on the heels of Colorado quarterback Jordan Webb tearing an anterior cruciate ligament.
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos