Ex-Buffs QB Hirschman to transfer to Akron
Former Colorado quarterback Nick Hirschman said Thursday he will transfer to Akron, where he will be eligible to play this fall after receiving his degree.Former Colorado quarterback Nick Hirschman said Thursday he will transfer to Akron, where he will be eligible to play this fall after receiving his degree.
Hirshman, 6-foot-4, 230 pounds, completed 59.1 percent of his passes with two touchdowns and seven interceptions last season. He has two years of eligibility remaining.
Hirschman, who earned a degree in sports communications in three years and was set to have his a graduation ceremony Thursday night, said he believes Terry Bowden is an excellent coach and he was impressed by Akron's facilities.
He surprised some by transferring despite finishing the spring as Colorado's co-starter alongside Connor Wood.
In four Colorado spring scrimmages, Hirschman was 32-of-52 passing for 433 yards, seven touchdowns and one interception with a passer rating of 178.9.
Hirschman's departure came on the heels of Colorado quarterback Jordan Webb tearing an anterior cruciate ligament.
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream 57 min ago
- Officials say security tight for Boston Marathon
- Woman reunited with dog, TV snatched on 1st date 57 min ago
- Hometown favorite wants to win Boston, for Boston
- Man detained after threats at LA Times building
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- 5 things you should never, ever count on while flying
- Not everyone's happy Obama will deliver a graduation address
- Woman sues after '8THEIST' plate denied
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos