Longhorns QB Ash questionable vs. Ole Miss
Texas quarterback David Ash is still questionable for Saturday's game against No. 25 Mississippi and a decision whether he can play may not come until not long before kickoff.
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas quarterback David Ash is still questionable for Saturday's game against No. 25 Mississippi and a decision whether he can play may not come until not long before kickoff.
"The guys trust Case. There won't be panic if David's not out there," Brown said.
Ash left the field with head and shoulder injuries after being tackled in the fourth quarter of Texas' 40-21 loss at BYU last week. He accounted for five touchdowns in a season-opening win over New Mexico State and had two touchdown passes in the loss.
Through the first two games, Ash passed for 594 yards and also ranks as the team's leading rusher with 125, including a 55-yard touchdown.
The Texas medical staff will continue to evaluate Ash through the week. Brown didn't rule out playing Ash if he can't practice all week but is cleared by doctors before kickoff Saturday night.
McCoy has appeared in 21 games in his career with six starts. The biggest play of McCoy's career came in 2011 when his final-minute scrambled against Texas A&M set up the winning field goal in the last game between the in-state rivals.
Texas (1-1) is already without top playmaker Daje Johnson against Mississippi (2-0). Johnson scored two touchdowns in the first game, but was injured on the third play against BYU when his ankle twisted under a defender.
Brown has given no timetable for when Johnson will return.
- Judge weighs new evidence in Army sex assault case 31 min ago
- Powerful quake shakes Northern California
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Conn. shooter's dad wishes he'd never been born
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Judge weighs new evidence in Army sex...
31 min ago
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by...
25 min ago
- Suspicious package found at Goodyear plant
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos