Coach writes get-well note to rivals' QB
Montana and Montana State have a heated rivalry on the football field, but that discord goes away when a player is injured.
Montana State senior quarterback Denarius McGhee suffered a separated shoulder in his team's 31-30 loss at SMU on Sept. 7.
Not long after, he received a handwritten note from Montana coach Mick Delaney saying the team felt badly about his injury and wishing him luck in rehabilitating it.
The MSU football program Tweeted a picture of McGee and the letter on Thursday, thanking Delaney and the Grizzlies and calling the letter a "classy move by a respected rival."
MSU officials have said McGhee will be out until sometime in October.
The 113th meeting of the Montana and Montana State football teams is set for Nov. 23 in Bozeman.
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos