NCAA: Irish transfer Badger eligible for BYU
BYU says the NCAA approved a waiver that will allow Notre Dame transfer safety Chris Badger to play immediately.
PROVO, Utah -- BYU says the NCAA approved a waiver that will allow Notre Dame transfer safety Chris Badger to play immediately.
Badger, a Provo native, enrolled at Notre Dame out of high school, but went on a two-year Mormon mission and put off college. He redshirted at Notre Dame last year, then decided to transfer to BYU to be near his ill mother.
The NCAA granted his request to waive the transfer requirement to sit out another full season.
BYU plays Utah on Saturday and Notre Dame on Nov. 23.
- Woman sexually assaulted in Fayetteville 16 min ago
- Sanford teen shot in face
- Sources: Plea deal 'on table' in Abaroa case
- Deputies: Delivery guy pulled gun on resident
- Big chill to follow today's high
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- 'Burger King baby' seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Video: Obama gives surprising interview 58 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Gov. McCrory: Panel should decide who foots...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos