McDonald's Athlete of the Week: Keeya Turner
Keeya Turner is this week's McDonald's Student Athlete of the Week.
She's a student at 71st High School in Fayetteville. She was named the 2007-2008 outstanding athlete and received recognition for academic excellence.
Keeya has maintained a 4.4 GPA while playing three sports including softball, basketball and volleyball.
In 2006 and 2007, Keeya was awarded MVP in the Mid-Southeastern AAAA All Conference for softball and volleyball. She also received North Carolina High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete and 71st High School Scholar Athlete for basketball.
Keeya is an academic gifted student who enjoys playing all sports and works very hard to balance sports and her academics. She is in the top 10 percent of her senior class, a member of the Academy of Scholars and National Honor Society.
Keeya is active in her church, where she serves on the youth/young adult usher board and she volunteers in the community. She is a very well-rounded teenager who enjoys talking and texting on her cell phone, watching movies, and, of course, going to the gym for a round of ball.
She plans to attend college and major in biochemistry so she can study to be a pharmacist.
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony 50 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county 41 min ago
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 37 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office