Padres land IF Jackson in deal with Astros
The San Diego Padres have acquired infielder Ryan Jackson from the Houston Astros in exchange for infielder-outfielder Jesus Guzman.
The Astros had acquired Jackson off outright waivers from the St. Louis Cardinals on Nov. 20. He played mostly shortstop and hit.278 with three home runs and 34 RBIs in 121 games for Triple-A Memphis in 2013.
He made his big league debut for the Cardinals in 2012 and played in 29 games in two seasons for St. Louis.
Guzman hit .226 with nine home runs and 35 RBIs in 126 games for the Padres last season. He spent parts of four seasons with San Diego.
- Easter sunrise service held at State Capitol
- $1M NC lottery winner says not much has changed
- Franklin Graham: Gays can go to heaven if they repent
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado
- Dozens showed up to help Locklear's family
- Officials say security tight for Boston Marathon
- Woman reunited with dog, TV snatched on 1st date
- Hometown favorite wants to win Boston, for Boston
- Man detained after threats at LA Times building
- Easter morning delivery for space station
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos