O's Betemit suffers sprained ligament to knee
Baltimore Orioles designated hitter Wilson Betemit suffered a sprained ligament in his right knee in the fifth inning of Monday's game with Boston.
The team later specified that Betemit was diagnosed with a Grade 2-3 tear of the PCL ligament.
The 31-year-old Betemit, who was the Orioles' regular third baseman until the recall of Manny Machado last August, was on first base and running on the pitch when Machado flied to left. He collapsed near second base and was carted off the field.
When he reached the clubhouse, trainers put a leg brace on Betemit.
The team says he will be reevaluated on Tuesday.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged 51 min ago
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos