Marlins' Kotchman (hammy) heading to DL
Miami Marlins first baseman Casey Kotchman is heading to the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
The Marlins say Thursday they plan to put Kotchman on the DL on Friday, and make a corresponding roster move then.
Kotchman clutched the back of his leg while running out a double-play grounder in Miami's 3-0 loss at the Washington Nationals on Wednesday.
Kotchman says he "heard a pop" on the play.
Manager Mike Redmond says he'll have "a little bit of a tryout over at first base, trying to figure out who's going to fill in."
Gregg Dobbs was in the lineup playing first base and batting fourth Thursday against Washington. Redmond mentioned Austin Kearns, Chris Valaika and even catcher Miguel Olivo as possible replacements at first.
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Four men charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos