O's prospect Bundy (elbow) visits Andrews
Orioles prized pitching prospect Dylan Bundy wants another opinion on his ailing right arm, this time from Dr. James Andrews.BALTIMORE -- Orioles prized pitching prospect Dylan Bundy wants another opinion on his ailing right arm, this time from Dr. James Andrews.
Bundy has been sidelined since developing elbow soreness late in spring training. The right-hander experienced discomfort while throwing from 90 feet on Monday, which spurred him into requesting a second opinion.
Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Tuesday the team has not received the results of Dr. Andrews' examination in Florida.
Showalter says the problem with Bundy's arm is a "flexor mass," which is more the forearm than the elbow. Showalter says an MRI on the elbow "looked good."
Bundy was selected fourth overall in the 2011 amateur draft. He made his professional debut last year and pitched two games during September with the Orioles.
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton 44 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 36 min ago
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 56 min ago
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem 30 min ago
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open 21 min ago
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Whoopi Goldberg writes Denver Post cannabis column
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos