Tigers send Rondon to minors, put Coke on DL
The Detroit Tigers have sent right-handed reliever Bruce Rondon back to the minors, optioning him to Triple-A Toledo after Wednesday's 6-2 loss to Minnesota.DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers have sent right-handed reliever Bruce Rondon back to the minors, optioning him to Triple-A Toledo after Wednesday's 6-2 loss to Minnesota.
Rondon came on in the seventh inning against the Twins and got only one out. He allowed two runs, two hits and two walks.
Detroit says it will call up reliever Luke Putkonen before Thursday night's game at Houston.
Earlier Wednesday, the Tigers put left-hander Phil Coke on the 15-day disabled list and recalled right-hander Jose Ortega from Toledo. The Tigers also reinstated outfielder Avisail Garcia from the 15-day DL and optioned him to Toledo.
Coke has been bothered by a left groin strain, and went on the DL retroactive to April 26.
Garcia has missed time because of a bruised right heel.
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg 54 min ago
- Driver trapped after hitting tractor trailer
- NC educators have new retirement savings option
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- Car smashes into concrete truck, blocks road
- High speed chase ends in crash, arrest
- Oakwood decision could have far reaching effects
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos