Wedge among Cubs candidates, source says
The Cubs have interest in former Seattle Mariners manager Eric Wedge to fill the same position in Chicago, a source familiar with the situation confirmed.
MLB Network reported on the Cubs' interest earlier Friday.
Wedge, 45, left the Mariners earlier this month after three seasons and a 213-273 record.
He previously managed the Cleveland Indians from 2003-09, where he was named manager of the year in 2007.
Wedge joins a list of managerial candidates that includes A.J Hinch, Manny Acta, Rick Renteria and Dave Martinez.
Boston Red Sox bench coach Torey Lovullo reportedly is expected to be interviewed after the World Series as the list of candidates continues to grow.
Wedge suffered a mild stroke this past July, missing 28 games.
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 22 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 44 min ago
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 44 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect 43 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 29 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- I-Team: Neighborhood lobbies for speed humps
39 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos