Nationals' Strasburg, Harper have surgery
Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg has had bone chips removed from his surgically repaired right elbow.
The team said Bryce Harper and Adam LaRoche also had operations this week. Harper had the bursa in his left knee repaired after it had hampered him last season. LaRoche had his left, throwing elbow cleaned up.
Strasburg, who had Tommy John surgery on his elbow three years ago, missed most of the 2011 season recovering from it. He had his innings limited in 2012 by the Nationals. His surgery was done in Los Angeles, and Strasburg is expected to be ready in time for spring training.
LaRoche and Harper are also expected to be ready by spring.
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants 1 min ago
- Putin urges end to blockade of Trans-Dniester
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Family of Fayetteville Navy Yard shooting victim files suit
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos