Nationals' Strasburg, Harper have surgery
Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg has had bone chips removed from his surgically repaired right elbow.
The team said Bryce Harper and Adam LaRoche also had operations this week. Harper had the bursa in his left knee repaired after it had hampered him last season. LaRoche had his left, throwing elbow cleaned up.
Strasburg, who had Tommy John surgery on his elbow three years ago, missed most of the 2011 season recovering from it. He had his innings limited in 2012 by the Nationals. His surgery was done in Los Angeles, and Strasburg is expected to be ready in time for spring training.
LaRoche and Harper are also expected to be ready by spring.
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos