Iverson clears waivers, becomes free agent
Allen Iverson has cleared waivers and is free to sign with any NBA team.
NEW YORK -- Allen Iverson has cleared waivers and is free to sign with any NBA team.
The former MVP was waived Tuesday after playing only three games with the Memphis Grizzlies and no team claimed him in the following 48 hours, making him a free agent.
The New York Knicks are discussing whether they want to bring in the 34-year-old guard. Iverson was unhappy coming off the bench last season in Detroit and this season with the Grizzlies, so there isn't expected to be much interest in him.
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl 32 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 51 min ago
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office 34 min ago
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse 1 min ago
- Attempted murder charges for mom in ocean drive
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Government orders Graco to explain recall
- Guard: Pistorius told me 'everything is fine'
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- Sen. Martin Nesbitt succumbs to stomach cancer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos