Bobcats waive Higgins, son of prez; sign Adrien
Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins says the team has waived son Cory Higgins and signed forward Jeff Adrien.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins says the team has waived son Cory Higgins and signed forward Jeff Adrien.
Higgins was in his second season with the Bobcats. He had career averages of 3.7 points, 0.9 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 10.3 minutes in 44 games.
The 6-foot-7 Adrien joins the Bobcats from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA D-League, where he averaged 17.6 points on 56 percent shooting and 11.2 rebounds in five games.
Adrien attended the Bobcats' training camp this season. He has appeared in 31 career NBA games over two seasons for the Warriors and Rockets, averaging 2.5 points and 2.6 rebounds. He played in eight games with the Rockets last season, averaging 2.6 points and 2.8 rebounds.
Charlotte's roster stands at 14 players.
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 15 min ago
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Amanda Hayes faces new charges in Texas
- Cumberland Co. damage caused by straight line winds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos