Granger's return to Pacers delayed by sickness
Danny Granger's return to Indiana's lineup has been delayed by an illness.INDIANAPOLIS -- Danny Granger's return to Indiana's lineup has been delayed by an illness.
Indiana was hoping to have Granger on Wednesday night against Charlotte, but coach Frank Vogel said after the team's Wednesday morning shootaround that Granger stayed home with flulike symptoms. Vogel says Granger's left knee responded well to the most demanding practice he's had since being diagnosed with patellar tendinosis in November, though even if he was feeling well he may not have played.
Granger hasn't played yet this season, and Vogel says he's not "quite ready" to return. The team hopes to have him back after the All-Star break.
Power forward David West also missed Wednesday's shootaround with a scratched left eye. Vogel says he will be a game-time decision. He was hurt in Monday's loss to Brooklyn.
- Durham shooting sends one man to hospital 22 min ago
- Four teens charged in Raleigh stabbing 48 min ago
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Durham shooting sends one man to hospital
23 min ago
- Four teens charged in Raleigh stabbing
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos