Wizards G Beal done for year with leg injury
Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal will miss the rest of his rookie season with a right leg injury.WASHINGTON -- Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal will miss the rest of his rookie season with a right leg injury.
The Wizards announced before their game at the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday that Beal has a stress injury in his right fibula and is expected to resume basketball-related activities in about six weeks.
Washington has eight games left in the regular season. The Wizards are 28-46 entering Wednesday's game.
Beal, the No. 3 overall pick in last year's draft, averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 assists and 2.4 rebounds this season. He earned Eastern Conference rookie of the month honors in December and January.
Beal played 27.5 minutes in Washington's 90-86 victory over Chicago on Tuesday night.
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash 29 min ago
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
21 min ago
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in...
20 min ago
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos