NBA breaks ties to determine order for lottery
The Detroit Pistons won a tiebreaker with the Washington Wizards, giving them slightly better odds to finish with the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.
Both teams finished 29-53 this season. The Pistons will have 36 chances out of 1,000 heading into next month's lottery and Washington will have 35.
The NBA settled broke three other ties through random drawings Friday:
• Philadelphia (34-48) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
• Houston (45-37) won a tiebreaker with Chicago and the Lakers; the Lakers then won a tiebreaker with Chicago.
• The Clippers (56-26) won a tiebreaker with Memphis.
The Orlando Magic, with a league-worst 20-62 record, will have a 25 percent chance of winning the lottery.
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 14 injured 28 min ago
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Freeze warning issued for early Thursday
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage 9 min ago
- Amanda Hayes faces new charges in Texas
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Cumberland Co. damage caused by straight line winds
- Police officer killed in crash with excavator
- Valerie Harper weighs in on cancer battle 37 min ago
- Researchers: Expect relatively quiet hurricane season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos