NBA breaks ties to determine order for lottery
The Detroit Pistons won a tiebreaker with the Washington Wizards, giving them slightly better odds to finish with the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.
Both teams finished 29-53 this season. The Pistons will have 36 chances out of 1,000 heading into next month's lottery and Washington will have 35.
The NBA settled broke three other ties through random drawings Friday:
• Philadelphia (34-48) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
• Houston (45-37) won a tiebreaker with Chicago and the Lakers; the Lakers then won a tiebreaker with Chicago.
• The Clippers (56-26) won a tiebreaker with Memphis.
The Orlando Magic, with a league-worst 20-62 record, will have a 25 percent chance of winning the lottery.
- Woman sexually assaulted in Fayetteville 38 min ago
- Sanford teen shot in face
- Sources: Plea deal 'on table' in Abaroa case
- Deputies: Delivery guy pulled gun on resident
- Big chill to follow today's high
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- 'Burger King baby' seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Video: Obama gives surprising interview
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos