Nuggets G Lawson free on bond after arrest
Court records show Denver Nuggets guard Ty Lawson has been arrested on suspicion of charges including harassment.DENVER -- Court records show Denver Nuggets guard Ty Lawson has been arrested on suspicion of charges including harassment.
KUSA-TV in Denver reports that according to Arapahoe County sheriff's officials, Lawson and his girlfriend each face charges after a fight Saturday night.
The Denver Post reports Lawson was arraigned Monday. He is free on bond.
Details of the arrest weren't immediately available Monday night.
Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly said in a written statement that the team was "fully aware" of the incident but that, per team policy and out of respect for the legal process, the team would have no further comment.
Lawson signed a four-year contract extension with the team last October. He averaged 16.7 points, 2.7 rebounds, 6.9 assists and 1.47 steals in 73 games last season.
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal