Nuggets G Lawson free on bond after arrest
Court records show Denver Nuggets guard Ty Lawson has been arrested on suspicion of charges including harassment.DENVER -- Court records show Denver Nuggets guard Ty Lawson has been arrested on suspicion of charges including harassment.
KUSA-TV in Denver reports that according to Arapahoe County sheriff's officials, Lawson and his girlfriend each face charges after a fight Saturday night.
The Denver Post reports Lawson was arraigned Monday. He is free on bond.
Details of the arrest weren't immediately available Monday night.
Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly said in a written statement that the team was "fully aware" of the incident but that, per team policy and out of respect for the legal process, the team would have no further comment.
Lawson signed a four-year contract extension with the team last October. He averaged 16.7 points, 2.7 rebounds, 6.9 assists and 1.47 steals in 73 games last season.
- Interim president of St. Augustine's University named
- NCCU bracing for job cuts 1 min ago
- Suspect shoots at deputy in Four Oaks
- Object washes ashore amid Malaysia plane search
- 9th suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping surrenders
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Campbell Univ. president to step down 35 min ago
- Baby for Drew Barrymore
- How Debra Messing lost 20 pounds
- Jet stowaway undetected for hours before departure
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos