Thunder waive guard Liggins following arrest
The Oklahoma City Thunder waived guard DeAndre Liggins on Friday after he was charged with seven felony counts in a domestic-violence case.
The 24-year-old Liggins was arrested Saturday after his girlfriend told police he attacked her in front of their 2-year-old son.
The Oklahoman reported Friday that Liggins was charged with three counts of domestic abuse, two counts of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, one count of kidnapping and one count of violating a protective order.
The newspaper said 23-year-old Marcus A. Rogers was charged as a co-defendant with Liggins on one count of kidnapping, and also is charged with an additional count of kidnapping and one count of assault and battery.
Liggins and Rogers are free on bail.
Liggins appeared in 39 games for the Thunder last season, averaging 1.5 points, 1.4 rebounds and 7.4 minutes. In 56 career games with Orlando and Oklahoma City, the former Kentucky player has averaged 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds.
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- Police: 1 man, 1 woman died at South by Southwest 14 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 18 min ago
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptions
- Zimmerman's parents sue Barr over Twitter post
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos