Cavs' Zeller sidelined after appendectomy
Cavaliers forward Tyler Zeller will be sidelined for an indefinite period after having his appendix removed.
CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers forward Tyler Zeller will be sidelined for an indefinite period after having his appendix removed.
The second-year forward had an appendectomy Friday at the Cleveland Clinic. The team said Saturday that Zeller is recovering in the hospital and no timetable has been set for his return.
It's been a tough start to the season for Zeller. He injured his hip last week after a fall in an intrasquad scrimmage and has missed Cleveland's first two preseason games.
Drafted in the first round last year from North Carolina, Zeller averaged 7.9 points and 5.7 rebounds as a rookie.
- NWS: Cumberland Co. damage caused by straight line winds 38 min ago
- Police officer killed in crash with excavator 53 min ago
- Researchers: Expect relatively quiet hurricane season 56 min ago
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- Freeze warning issued for early Thursday
- Chelsea Clinton: I might run for office someday
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation 23 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sending sex videos
- Democrats' ad attacks NC House speaker's payments
- Police: Man tried to kidnap child in Durham
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
14 min ago
- Money Saver: The Real Deal
13 min ago
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos