Well-wishers honor Seau in Calif. ocean tribute
Several hundred people have taken part in a paddle-out in front of Junior Seau's Southern California home to pay tribute to the former NFL linebacker.
OCEANSIDE, Calif. -- Several hundred people have taken part in a paddle-out in front of Junior Seau's Southern California home to pay tribute to the former NFL linebacker.
The Los Angeles Times reports that participants at Sunday's seaside memorial included Seau's former teammate Drew Brees, who played quarterback for the San Diego Chargers when Seau was the star linebacker.
The 43-year-old Seau committed suicide Wednesday at his home in Oceanside.
Seau was an avid surfer who was often seen riding the waves in front of his home. Fans and well-wishers formed a circle across the water and held hands while a prayer was said for him.
They also chanted Seau's name and the number 55, his number at Southern California and during 20 years in the NFL.
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet 32 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash 5 min ago
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 43 min ago
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 56 min ago
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos