Reports: N. Iowa draft hopeful runs 4.19 40
Northern Iowa receiver Terrell Sinkfield reportedly ran the 40-yard dash in 4.19 seconds at a pro day held at the University of Minnesota on Monday.
Northern Iowa receiver Terrell Sinkfield reportedly ran the 40-yard dash in 4.19 seconds at a pro day held Monday at the University of Minnesota.
The blazing time came in his second attempt at the 40 and was so fast that he was asked to run a third time, something none of the other prospects who participated in the pro day was asked to do, according to FoxSportsNorth.com.
Sinkfield reportedly stumbled on the third attempt but still ran a 4.44.
"I knew it was good when I finished," Sinkfield told the website of his 4.19 time. "I was pretty happy, so I came back. I thought I messed up when they said go again. I'm like, 'Dang, why do I have to run again?' "
Sinkfield reportedly ran 4.27 in his first attempt for an average of 4.3 on the three runs.
"I was trying to shoot for a 4.19. I knew it was good when I finished," Sinkfield told The (St. Paul) Pioneer Press. "The fastest I've done [before Monday] was 4.2. I was running 4.3s in high school."
Scott Studwell, the Minnesota Vikings' director of college scouting, however, told The Pioneer Press that he didn't have any times under 4.3 for Sinkfield.
"He ran in the high 4.3s. He can run. He ran fast. He tested well," he told the newspaper.
The scouting combine record time in the 40 is the 4.24 run by Chris Johnson at the 2008 event.
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos